- “The most important thing for digitally native brands is that they stand for something beyond just the product.” #theverticale #DTCPOD
- “People don’t want to just buy stuff they want to feel like they are a part of something and feel a connection.” #theverticale #DTCPOD
- “We really want to be an authentic third-party voice that customers can trust and trust purchasing from.” #theverticale #DTCPOD
- “Every single brand we work with we want to make sure we’re providing value back to them.” #theverticale #DTCPOD
- “While most consumers are excited about purchasing from DNVBs, they really need a simplified shopping experience to be more willing to purchase.” #theverticale #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:20] About The Verticale
- [02:15] About Jaclyn, the CEO of The Verticale
- [02:50] About Michelle, the COO of The Verticale
- [04:05] DNVB vs DTC
- [05:25] The characteristics of vertical eCommerce vs other eCommerce
- [07:15] What makes a strong brand according to The Verticale
- [09:50] How The Verticale works with brands to tell their story
- [10:50] The Verticale value set
- [12:10] How The Verticale is creating customer trust
- [14:05] What type of brands The Verticale works with
- [16:30] How The Verticale vets brands
- [19:10] Why Jaclyn and Michelle are building The Verticale
- [21:15] Why it’s getting tougher and more expensive to build brand equity
- [22:30] What Jaclyn learned about consumer habits after talking to 200 shoppers
- [25:20] The broken process of product discovery
- [27:10] What’s next for The Verticale
This DNVB marketplace is changing the consumer product discovery process
The Verticale co-founders Jaclyn Grauman and Michelle Silverstein join the DTC POD. We are talking about how the consumer discovery process is broken and how The Verticale is fixing it.
As the number of eCommerce brands increases, it’s becoming more difficult for consumers to remember and decide where to buy.
Trust for new brands is low and the total number of brands makes it difficult for consumers to remember when to buy.
You might be shopping on Instagram and come across hundreds of products. Those brands are not vetted and it may take you hours to find a decent product. Even after you purchase what you think is a good product, you may receive the product and find out it’s not as good as expected.
Finding great, mission-driven brands shouldn’t be a chore
The Verticale is hoping to cut through all the brand noise. Even though there are a lot of bad products on the market, there are still a lot of strong, mission-driven brands.
The mission-driven brands usually deliver well on product quality. Also, they usually have a strong brand story that is reflected in the product.
The Verticale is attempting to put these mission-driven brands and products together. They want to make it easier for the consumer to find great DNVB and DTC products.
The burden of finding whether a product or brand is good shouldn’t be on the consumer.
Stay tuned as The Verticale founders discuss their vetting process for brands, how they are improving consumer trust, and how to get ahead of rising acquisition costs.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Verticale’s marketplace: https://shop.theverticale.com/
The Verticale’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theverticale/