- “The reason why we have such a high open-rate is that we take a very aggressive approach to list cleansing.” @nomadgoods #DTCPOD
- “As soon as someone gets added to our email list they have about 120 days to engage with our content. If they don’t, we unsubscribe them.” @nomadgoods #DTCPOD
- “We send two types of emails: 1. Evergreen flows (cart abandonment, post-purchase, etc.) 2. Campaigns (product launches, flash sales, branded content, lifestyle content).” @nomadgoods #DTCPOD
- “We used to do a lot of segmentation but it didn’t really move the needle for us.” @nomadgoods #DTCPOD
- “Don’t put out content just for the sake of doing it. Make sure it’s relevant to your audience” @nomadgoods #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:20] About NOMAD
- [02:50] How much revenue does email generate for NOMAD
- [04:25] What contributes to their email success
- [07:15] The content and frequency of their emails
- [10:20] How they landed in the primary inbox over promotions
- [12:20] Why they don’t follow best practices for segmenting
- [15:30] How NOMAD approaches branded content and building their brand
- [21:40] What helped NOMAD grow fast
How NOMAD keeps open-rates above 40% with over 1 million emails sent
Chuck Melber, Director of Marketing at NOMAD joins the POD to talk email marketing. Chuck has been with NOMAD since the beginning and has created the marketing team.
NOMAD experiences a lot of success with email marketing.
Over 20% of NOMAD’s revenue is attributed to email marketing. And email marketing contributes even more for repeat customers.
Chuck and his team started small. Originally they created their own email content, including the graphics.
The real secret to NOMAD’s success in email marketing has been list cleansing. Chuck automatically unsubscribes users who aren’t engaging with NOMAD’s email content.
It was a little scary at first but it has proven to be key to success. List cleansing has also helped NOMAD land in the primary inbox.
Keep evolving and growing your email and brand strategy
NOMAD’s email marketing (and content marketing) strategy has grown and evolved over time.
As the companies success grew, Chuck added different people and different tools to his arsenal. They added graphic designers and content writers. They made a blog.
Chuck has performed a lot of testing to get to this point. As a result, they don’t really segment users much. Chuck has found it doesn’t move the needle much.
They will test to see whether certain users are more open to other products but that’s about it for segmentation.
Even though segmentation isn’t used much, personalization has been key.
Asking for feedback in emails is a great way to engage your audience and create loyalty.
Pro Tip: Send emails from the CEO too!
Brand growth has allowed NOMAD’s content to grow as well. They are now able to create branded and lifestyle content that is used in campaigns.
Stay tuned as Chuck provides us with his best recommendations for email marketing. We also dive into how to grow and maintain your list.
Chuck’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chuckmelber