- “It took McDonald’s over 10 years to launch 700 locations but Mr. Beast was able to launch 300 locations almost overnight.” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
- “Mr. Beast and his team were approached by Earl Enterprises many times to build a virtual restaurant concept his team turned them down many times.” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
- “Mr. Beast Burger is just the tip of creator collaborations. The app they created had over 1 million downloads so we could be in for more collabs like this.” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
- “What’s great about Mr. Beast Burger is the operational efficiencies they have. They didn’t need to spend much money on infrastructure or marketing.” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
- “When creators take a direct launch for a product, they don’t have to build an audience because they already have the audience.” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [00:40] Who is Mr. Beast?
- [01:10] About Mr. Beast Burger
- [02:15] Why Mr. Beast Burger almost never happened
- [03:05] How Earl Enterprises was able to convince Mr. Beast to start the burger chain
- [03:45] The pitch for Mr. Beast Burger
- [04:25] Why Mr. Beast was the perfect fit for this
- [06:00] Discussing Mr. Beast’s decision to build an iOS app for the burger chain
- [06:50] Some of the logistical challenges Mr. Beast faced with the iOS app
- [07:40] Key takeaways for the creator economy from Mr. Beast Burger
- [08:35] Comparing McDonald’s brand collaborations with Mr. Beast Burger
- [10:00] How Travis Scott’s collab with McDonald’s and Mr. Beast Burger will change DTC
How Mr. Beast Burger was able to launch 300 restaurant locations overnight
It took McDonald’s over 10 years to launch 700 locations. It took one night for Jimmy Donaldson aka Mr. Beast to launch a burger chain in 300 locations.
Thanks to over 49 million subscribers, Mr. Beast was able to successfully launch a restaurant chain without spending anything on infrastructure or marketing.
He and his team have already built an audience, so getting people to buy in on Mr. Beast Burger was pretty easy.
This launch will surely upend the fast-food industry. Creators looking to expand their reach and engage with their audience can do the same with the loyal following they have built.
The future of direct to consumer is also one to look out for. With creators already having an audience, more will probably jump on board to launch their own product.
Mr. Beast has provided the blueprint for launch, now it’s up to other creators to follow.
Stay tuned as we discuss how Mr. Beast executed this launch, the challenges he faced, and what this means for the future of the restaurant industry and DTC as a whole.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
About Mr. Beast Burger: https://mrbeastburger.com/about/
Mr. Beast Burger’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrbeastburger/