- “Influencer marketing and creator marketing is a lot more than just sending creators product and having them post.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “The fastest way to level up your content is by delivering creators a strong creative brief.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “In your creative brief, you want to include three to four brand values and three to four product benefits that you want the creator influencer to mention.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “If the content didn’t meet your expectations, it’s okay to provide feedback. Just make sure that it’s constructive and actionable.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “You need to have firm beliefs on why you are choosing certain creators for a campaign. Is it because of their content, audience, a combination of both?” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:10] The wrong way to think about creator and influencer marketing
- [01:45] The most important thing you should do to level up creator content
- [02:15] Checklist for making the best creative brief
- [03:50] How to get creators excited about working with your brand
- [05:15] The products you should send to creators
- [06:00] Rules for effective communication with creators and influencers
- [06:45] How to make sure you get the best content from creators
- [07:35] The one thing you need to make sure to tell creators
Level up your creator and influencer marketing campaigns in five easy steps
When influencer marketing got its start, it was very much the Wild West. Most brands were just sending product and waiting for influencers to post.
Now, there is much more involved in the process.
If you really want to get the most out of influencer marketing, you are going to need to do more than just send product to an influencer or creator.
That part is important, but it’s also important that you get the most mileage out of your campaign. This means focusing on the content as much as picking the creator with the right audience.
Focusing on the content can allow you to get more value out of influencer marketing. You can repurpose content in ads, social media, your website, emails, and more.
This content usually performs much better than in-house content so getting this right can add big benefits to your marketing strategy down the line.
The road to better content from creators starts with a strong style guide. You need to tell creators how you want the content shot, what shouldn’t be included, and provide great examples.
If you don’t have great examples, pick up some photos from Unsplash, do a quick search on Google images, or share screenshots from a brand whose content you enjoy.
Looking for more tips?
Stay tuned to this episode as we dive into further detail about the style guide and offer four more tips to follow to maximize the value of working with creators and influencers.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
DTC POD episode on whitelisting and dark posting: https://trend.io/blog/influencer-whitelisting-dark-posting-podcast