- “I would definitely recommend starting small with your product line. You can always add but you can’t always take away.” @jazyfent #DTCPOD
- “You don't need 30 different products. It's so much more than that. You only need a few that customers use very consistently.” @jazyfent #DTCPOD
- “The main thing is just listening to our customers, who already love your products and asking them what they want to see next.” @jazyfent #DTCPOD
- “As long as you're communicating your rebranding process, your customers are going to continue to buy from you.” @jazyfent #DTCPOD
- “if you are looking to rebrand or change a name, make sure that your logistics and business is still running well throughout the process.” @jazyfent #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [00:50] About Jaz and Yellow Beauty
- [02:00] Yellow Beauty’s product line
- [07:50] Getting market insight
- [10:55] Investing in marketing for Yellow Beauty
- [11:55] Jaz’s experience launching her product line and initial problems
- [18:00] Yellow Beauty’s rebranding
- [21:00] Lessons learned from being a founder
- [23:35] Pivoting your brand
- [26:55] What’s next for Yellow Beauty
Product lines don’t have to be large to be successful.
Jaz Fenton, CEO and co-founder of Yellow Beauty, joins the POD to talk about the curation of meaningful products and her experiences with rebranding.
Yellow Beauty has been in business for almost five years with only four products, but they are strong and successful with customers.
Making sure that a product would hit and resonate with customers was crucial due to Yellow Beauty’s lack of access to capital.
They don’t do multiple versions of the same product with small variations because of the added saturation.
Listening to customers has been important in Yellow Beauty’s success in expanding their product line and improving their existing products.
Rebranding your company is not something to be afraid of.
Yellow Beauty decided to rebrand to broaden its horizons beyond turmeric.
One of the biggest challenges of being a founder is the drastic ups and downs while working on your company and product.
There are so many people and other founders willing to help and offer advice to new businesses.
It is tough and scary to change the name and messaging of your business, but communicating that process to customers is essential to rebranding successfully.
Staying on top of logistics and business operations throughout the rebranding process is also essential.
Stay tuned as Jaz shares her experience launching a small, but strong skincare product line based on turmeric as well as her rebranding story to expand her company’s horizons.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Follow Jaz on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jazyfent
Yellow Beauty’s website: https://yellowbeauty.com/
Yellow Beauty on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yellowbeauty