- “Being a good person, treating people like humans, and delivering experiences with empathy every day is number one for our brand.” @eliweisss #DTCPOD
- “Knowing you'll be taken care of makes you want to come back. It's not rocket science, so long as the product is great.” @eliweisss #DTCPOD
- “When it comes to building a team, it really matters to hire the really good people that deeply care. You can teach anyone how to use tools, but you can't teach people to give a shit.” @eliweisss #DTCPOD
- “Giving your team the allowance to create these experiences, empowering them to create these experiences for the customers, is important.” @eliweisss #DTCPOD
- “Do not take what you learned last year and use it this year, constantly learn and listen and engage with customers. @eliweisss #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [02:28] Eli introduces himself and OLIPOP
- [03:45] What customer experience means to the brand
- [05:34] How to curate an intentional SMS
- [09:01] Implementing personalization into a marketing channel
- [12:13] Elements of a subscription to create retention
- [15:01] Where to brand discovers inspiration for their subscription model
- [15:53] Factors that have led to brand growth
- [20:31] important steps during customer acquisition
- [22:13] How to scale the customer experience
- [24:16] The importance of empowerment
- [25:48] Allocating finances to the customer experience
- [27:17] How to drive brand loyalty
- [29:43] Thinking like a customer
- [31:58] What’s next for OLIPOP and where to find Eli Weiss and the brand online
How OLIPOP scales customer experience
Eli Weiss, director of customer experience at OLIPOP, joins the POD to give some insight on the business’s growth, customer experience strategy, and retention.
OLIPOP is a beverage company, formulating a gut healthy soda with plant fiber, prebiotics, and botanicals.
Eli recognized that when it comes to creating a good brand, having a good product is only half the formula to keep consumers happy and returning.
Providing consumers with a positive, personalized, and interactive customer experience is an essential factor leading to brand loyalty.
Eli points out that anyone can be taught the skills to perform in a work setting, but you can’t teach someone to care about your brand so it is important to hire the right people.
In DTC, you have to think like the customer to win
OLIPOP stands out as an eCommerce beverage company, not only for its modernized product, but also for the brand's exceptional customer service.
The brand has experienced growth and customer retention by prioritizing the customer experience and developing a thoughtful subscription model.
Eli takes a unique approach to achieving successful retention by developing an SMS channel that caters to the customers needs rather than a brand incentive to increase sales.
Additional steps to improve the customer experience are taken by listening to the customer and responding to their needs.
Eli recommends discovering ways to make your subscriptions exclusive without intruding on consumers' feed.
Stay tuned as Eli discusses key components to heighten the customer experience and how empowering your team leads to success.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
OLIPOP’s website: https://drinkolipop.com/
Eli Weiss’s twitter: https://twitter.com/eliweisss