- “Community is everything, that's absolutely shaped the way that I approach eCommerce brands.” @pug #DTCPOD
- “Managing one brand and managing six brands actually doesn't mean that it's six times as hard as long as you're able to follow the same framework and systems.” @pug #DTCPOD
- “My background as an influencer helped me understand how to make content as a brand.” @pug #DTCPOD
- “If a secret is the only thing that's keeping my business afloat, then I'm standing on weak ground.” @pug #DTCPOD
- “Make sure that you can stretch the lifetime value or increase the chance of customers coming back so you don't have to spend money acquiring them all over again. That's how you survive.” @pug #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:02] Jason introduces himself and Wonghaus
- [01:59] How Jason got his career started
- [04:38] The importance of community
- [06:40] Tools and resources to identify and learn about your target audience
- [09:13] How to use influencers to locate your audience and increase promotion
- [12:02] The creation behind Wonghaus
- [14:25] Jason’s process for developing and expanding products
- [16:13] Important factors for driving sales
- [18:31] Sharing knowledge to other founders through Shopify
- [22:08] Leveraging TikTok for brand growth
- [25:36] Tiktok’s unique algorithm for attracting an audience
- [31:57] additional projects Jason has worked on
- [35:57] What’s next for Wonghause and where to find Jason Wong online
Building a brand starts with the community
Jason Wong, entrepreneur and managing partner of Wonghaus, joins the POD to give some insight on the venture studio and strategies for building a brand.
Wonghaus is a brand incubator focusing on creating solutions for eCommerce merchants.
Jason recognizes that an important component of brand promotion is creating a community for your product and understanding how to market to that community.
A beneficial approach for brand development is suggested by first creating products derived from a solution to a problem, and then from there engage in market research.
Virtual strategies for eCommerce brand promotion
Wonghaus is a fast growing venture studio helping brands in the consumer space, and one of jason’s many marketing projects
Jason’s incentive for creating Wonghaus was to create more companies, with the idea in mind that following the same framework and systems for each brand is the key to managing them all successfully.
Jason discusses how to locate the right influencers for your brand through their audience composition and affinity, and how to optimize this strategy to create brand recognition and audience attraction.
TikTok’s unique algorithm that differentiates it from other media platforms in attracting consumers is also discussed.
Stay tuned as Jason shares additional projects he is working on and important tips from these experiences.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Wonghaus’s website: https://www.wonghaus.com/
Jason Wong’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pug/