- “We waited until feedback said 90% of our customers loved our product and found it useful before deciding to launch.” @aishacee #DTCPOD
- “We decided to switch to pre-orders when we ran out of inventory and were clear in communicating when customers could expect their product.” @jennygao #DTCPOD
- “People don’t want to just buy stuff they want to feel like they are a part of something and feel a connection.” #theverticale #DTCPOD
- “For a brand that’s sub-$10M in revenue, there has to be some kind of economic moat in the company that gets them to $10M.” @mrsharma #DTCPOD
- “When you find good people keep them close, even if you don’t know yet how you might work with them.” #littlerituals #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:10] What we learned from Moment about product feedback
- [02:15] How Fly By Jing dealt with supply constraints
- [03:50] What learned about consumer buying habits from The Verticale
- [04:50] Nik Sharma’s tip for getting your brand to $10M in revenue
- [06:10] Sonia Nagar’s tips as a former DTC investor turned founder
More eCommerce and DTC tips to follow from smart marketers and founders
Welcome to part 2 of our series recapping our favorite tips from DTC POD guests.
If you missed part 1, you can access it here.
Part 2 features tips from Shark Tank contestant Aisha Chottani, Jing Gao from Fly By Jing, Nik Sharma, and more.
In this episode, we’re covering things like product feedback, consumer buying habits, and tips from a former DTC investor.
Part 1 featured five tips and this time we’re throwing in a bonus 6th tip that you will have to listen for. It’s from out guest Sonia Nagar who dropped a ton of knowledge in episode 58 of the DTC POD.
Stay tuned as we recap these great tips to help you level up your eCommerce and DTC brands.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
EP 50 with Nik Sharma on building a $10M brand: https://trend.io/blog/nik-sharma-dtc
EP 52 with Aisha Chottani on customer feedback: https://trend.io/blog/founder-stories-moment-beverage
EP 54 with Jing Gao on importing products and dealing with increased demand: https://trend.io/blog/founder-stories-fly-by-jing
EP 56 with The Verticale on DNVBs and the future of DTC: https://trend.io/blog/the-verticale-dnvb-dtc-marketplace
EP 58 with Sonia Nagar on advice from an investor turned founder: https://trend.io/blog/dtc-investor-turned-brand-founder